Friday, February 01, 2008

a birthday project

today is my friend nicole's birthday!! happy birthday nicole!!! i hope you have a wonderful day!! her friend jenn asked us folks over at studio calico, where nicole is on the design team, to make cards for this special day! i loved taking part in this... it's always so much fun!! my card is more of a perpetual present... i made an atc, but it can be switched out for another atc or a picture... i hope she likes it!!

i'm happy to say this card has inspired an upcoming class at my lss... we'll be making three canvases... one with paper, one with an actual canvas (i have learned some cool techniques for this) and a clearly heavy overlay from hambly! i'll post peeks when it gets closer to the next session!!


supplies used: stamps: tim holtz, stampers anonymous, hampton art stamps. inks: tim holtz distress, ranger ink & fresco. paper: cosmo cricket & bazzill cardstock. hanger: i got mine in a jenni bowlin kit. embellies: my mind's eye, prima, making memories, K & Co & heidi swapp.

5 comments:

ricanlaw said...

Ummmm, like I think this is so gorgeous that I'm slightly jealous. Anyway I can like -- bribe you to make one for my bd? Aren't I the little devil.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous piece of art! I love the vintage feel and the attention to detail!

melissa deakin said...

you are amazing!
such a gorgeous gift and incredible project for the store.
just lovely, joanne!

Laura said...

just gorgeous! It's so you!

nicole said...

the hanger is just darling. splendid work!